- University of Michigan Center for Research on Learning and Teaching, Best Practices for Designing and Grading Exams, 2008.
- Barbara E. Walvoord and Virginia Johnson Anderson (2009). Effective Grading: A Tool for Learning and Assessment in College (#2 edition). Wiley.
- Susan A. Ambrose et al (2010). How Learning Works: Seven Research-Based Principles for Smart Teaching. Wiley.
- Mary-Ann Winkelmes et al, “A Teaching Intervention that Increases Underserved College Students’ Success,” Peer Review, Winter/Spring (2016), 31-36.
- Megan Smith and Yana Weinstein, (2016, May 5). The Many Benefits of Retrieval Practice. The Learning Scientist.