[vc_row row_type=”row” stretch_row_type=”no”][vc_column width=”2/3″][vc_column_text]Poll Everywhere is a web-based personal response system (PRS) that can be a useful tool to engage students during synchronous teaching sessions both in-person and online. You can integrate Poll Everywhere into your slide deck and give students various prompts to respond to in order to spur discussion or check for understanding. You can also collect Poll Everywhere responses asynchronously—this could be a great way to survey your students about a topic, or collect information that will be used to structure a class activity.
Poll Everywhere is free for students and does not require students to purchase an additional device such as a “clicker.” Students can use their own internet-connected device to respond to polls.
This resource includes the following:
- Accessing and Customizing Your Poll Everywhere Account has information on how to acquire a Boston College Poll Everywhere account.
- Preparing Your Students to Participate includes information to share with students to ensure they can log into Poll Everywhere.
- Creating Activities includes the types of questions you can ask and how to create them.
- Presenting Activities Synchronously walks through how to present activities through the Poll Everywhere website or embedded in your slides.
- Viewing & Grading Student Responses provides an overview of how to view student responses in a report and options for grading responses.
- Exporting Grades to Canvas explains how to sync your roster and send grades or participation scores to the Canvas gradebook of your course.
- A Poll Everywhere Guide for Students you can send to your class.
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row row_type=”row” stretch_row_type=”no”][vc_column width=”2/3″][vc_message]If you would prefer to use a system that relies on clickers rather than student devices, the CTE also supports iClicker. Clickers can be ordered through the BC bookstore for students to purchase, and scores can also be integrated into the Canvas gradebook. Learn more about using iClicker.[/vc_message][/vc_column][/vc_row]